Friday, June 6, 2008

Steve's guitar

This acoustic arch-top guitar was custom-made by Paul Lloret.

I started this guitar in 2003 for a friend of mine. When I was 75% done I dropped and broke the neck, so had to start a new one. Then I found that the elaborate "Bird" soundholes I had originally planned (that looked amazing) would not work. The thin webs between the holes split at 5 or 6 places. So the one he finally got was completely new.

Specs:
  • Soudboard: Red Spruce
  • Back, Sides, Neck: Honduras Mahogany
  • Fretboard, Bridge, Tailpiece, Peghead veneers: Ebony
  • Inlays: Green Abalone Mother-of-Pearl
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer

.............................................

This guitar was custom-made by luthier Paul Lloret of LL Guitars (pronounced “Double L Guitars”). For more information on Paul Lloret and his guitars, contact LL Guitars.

No comments: