Friday, June 13, 2008

Keren's guitar

This acoustic arch-top was custom-made by Paul Lloret

The second acoustic arch-top I made was finished around 2001. It began as a project to utilize Mahogany left over from furniture making, and some quarter-sawn Spruce I got from a lumber yard I worked for in the early 80s. It quickly became something of an experiment. Most arch-top bodies are from 16” to 18” across the lower bout; this (and future LL arch-tops) is about 14” across. Most bodies are 21” long; mine are 19”. I’m still refining dimensions to make them more responsive and louder. This one is now in the possession of another granddaughter, Keren.

Specs:
  • Top: Red Spruce
  • Back, Sides, Neck: Honduras Mahogany
  • Fretboard, Bridge, Tailpiece: East Indian Rosewood
  • Fishman Undersaddle transducer (ie: Matrix I w/preamp)
  • Saddle and Nut: Corean©
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer




(Click on any photo for a larger image.)

Keren says:
I don't "play" guitar, and this one doesn't intimidate me. It's the kind of guitar that makes me want to pick it up. It's bubbly! Kinda' fits my personality. It has a light quality. It almost feels like I'm playing a really really nice ukulele. It's like the beach, or a sunny day somewhere, and I'm eating a big bowl of blueberries while I'm playing. I love it!

.............................................

This guitar was custom-made by luthier Paul Lloret of LL Guitars (pronounced “Double L Guitars”). For more information on Paul Lloret and his guitars, contact LL Guitars.

1 comment:

Mrs Bossy said...

I love the slideshow. The pictures are clear and colorful and really show the guitars well.